Tuesday, January 16, 2018

A list of 16 not-so-memorable quotations



 

















Yesterday’s XKCD web comic by Randall Munroe was titled Memorable Quotes. One of his 16 is illustrated above. Elsewhere there also is an explanation. Three other quotes are:

“Oooh, look at me, I looked up a quote!”


“I don’t do a lot of public speaking, so I looked up a memorable quote to start my speech, and this is what I found. OK, you’re staring at me. Blankly but this whole thing is a quote. I know that sounds confusing, but…you know what, never mind.”


“This quote will be the only part of this presentation you remember.”

The July 2016 issue of Toastmaster magazine had a more serious article by John Zimmer on The Do’s and Don’ts of Using Quotes.

The Pennsylvania winter sunset image by Andrew Crouthamel came from Wikimedia Commons.

No comments: