Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cranking out spam comments




















In blogging as in public speaking you will get feedback. Sometimes it’s useful, but other times it’s just someone looking for attention (turkey spam).  

On June 5th the automatic spam detection for my blog intercepted this proposed comment:

“There’s a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone. See the link below for more information.” 

Since I don’t like insults, I didn’t accept that comment. It was on my third most popular post from December 2009 titled Does homeopathic Argentum nitricum reduce anxiety? Also, the link was to a web site unrelated to the topic.

It came from a woman I’ll refer to as Woo Hoo, whose Google Plus page shows lots of comments but absolutely no original content of her own. She also uses a briefer version:

“What goes around comes around. See the link below for more info.”

She also frequently uses one with fawning approval:

“I like your post a lot. You should write some more on this! Great job coming with such a terrific post!”

Previously I have seen Fairy tales in my blog spam folder from four turkeys and Off-topic spam blog comments - the hCG Diet Scam.

The meat grinder image came from here at Wikimedia Commons.

No comments: